Friday, July 30, 2010

I think Andrew likes potatoes more than I do

We just hilled the potatoes for the 2nd time. I'm pretty excited about the potatoes - I've never grown them before. 2 years ago my friend Jon grew potatoes for the CSA & I fell in love with the variety Onaway. Who knew potatoes could taste like more than starch?!? I've been craving them ever since and, because I was unable to find anyone else growing them, this year I bought 10 lb of seed potatoes so I could grow my own winter stash.

OK. So here's what my hilling job looked like. I thought it looked pretty good:

But then I got tired & passed the hoe off to my intern Andrew. Here's what HIS hilling job looked like - he almost BURIED the 1 1/2' plants!!!! Hysterical. (And impressive):


I think Andrew must like potatoes more than I do...

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide if I would want Andrew at the beach if we were burying people in sand,or not.
    -Martha Crealock-Marsh

    ReplyDelete