- Gorgeous, warm sunny days to work in this fall
- An incredible crew of workers this year: staff, interns and volunteers. Truly a spectacular group - I've been really, really blessed.
- A season of living at the farm
- The joy of ridiculous chickens
- Wild apples, pears, grapes and cranberries just a short bike ride away
- Bountiful harvests
- Supportive and actively appreciative CSA members
- Solid market sales every single week - even in the rain!
- Gracious, supportive family & friends
- Sufficient pollinators in a year of decreasing populations
- Good health
- Laughter in the fields
- Exuberant, vegetable-eating children
- Being surrounded by beauty
- The taste of GOOD FOOD
- The good bread, beer and healthcare I'm able to trade vegetables for!
- The pleasure inherent in this work
Monday, October 14, 2013
Thanksgiving Monday. Looking out my window over the fields as the neighbour bales hay and the goofy chickens wander by, I am grateful for: