Monday, May 24, 2010

There really are good people out there...

So for a week now I've been calling all my neighbours asking if anyone has an appropriately sized plow I could borrow to turn under the rye, but everyone has plows too large for my 65hp tractor (or small but broken ones). I'd just resolved myself to calling an equipment dealer tomorrow to arrange for a rental, when an old black car with a flatbed trailer pulled up the laneway. Dean - a good friend of my neighbour Reuben Musselman's - whom I'd talked to earlier this week about fixing my discs, had loaded up his grandfather's 3-furrow plow & come by to do the job for me. He & his friend hooked Ruby up & started in on the job. They're still at it while I'm at home showered & fed. As a bonus, Dean is gonna take a look at Ruby to figure out why she coughs & splutters so much AND he's taken away my broken discs to fix up. I am SO pleased. There really are good people out there. Hallelujah for unexpected saviours.

No comments:

Post a Comment